What have I been blocked for?
If you've been warned about, or blocked from, using certain features then it means our automated systems noticed your account was performing many more actions than most others accounts do. That could mean:
- You're regularly posting similar comments or messages (avoid copy and pasting, or sending the same links over and over)
- You're following a lot of accounts in a short time period
- You're Liking or Reposting a lot of sounds for one day (make sure you listen to any sound before you Like or Repost)
- You're contributing your sounds to a large number of groups within 24 hours
- You're using automated scripts, or tools, to preform actions on the site
- Community members have flagged your messages/comments as spam
Although doing this might be a good promotional tool for you, it can be frustrating for other members of the community. You will get much more value out of SoundCloud by finding like minded people in the community. To do this, try to be selective and build up personal relationships with other members. If you want some tips on how to best promote yourself and get heard, take a look at this blog post.
We want to keep the community a genuine and positive place and we hope these measures will help us do that!