How do I upload my sounds?
Before you start, make sure you are logged into your account and have confirmed your email address. Don't forget to check your inbox and Spam folder for an email confirmation from us. Once you've done this, you can start uploading.
So, where do I begin?
You can upload by clicking the Upload button on the top right of your header, or by going here: https://soundcloud.com/upload
You can choose to record a sound through the 'Record' button, or upload a file from your computer through the 'Choose files to upload' button. If you would like to upload multiple files in a playlist format, check the box 'Make a playlist when multiple files are selected'.
You can also now upload by dragging and dropping an audio file onto any SoundCloud page.
As your upload is transcoding, you can begin to fill in information on the 'Basic Info' tab. This is where you can add an image, change the title and URL, and add tags to your track so they can be discovered in Search and Explore.
You can also click the boxes on the bottom right of the page next to 'Share on' to have your track automatically share to your Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr accounts if you have them connected in your Connections section here: http://soundcloud.com/settings/connections.
Move on to the Metadata tab to fill in a Buy link, information about the release, and your license information. If you have one of our Pro plans, you can also customize the text used for the Buy button on this page.
The permissions tab lets you decide if you would like to:
- Have your track to be playable outside of SoundCloud
- Display an embed code to be shared to other blogs
- Have your track be downloadable
- Included in your RSS feed if you have podcasting enabled on your account.
- Choose if you'd like people to be able to comment on your tracks
- Choose to have comments displayed
- Choose if you'd like to have stats displayed
Once you feel like you are set, click Save and your track will show up on your profile page. Don't worry, you can always change your track's settings through the track's edit page afterwards. Click the pencil icon below the track's waveform to enter the edit page.
- What kind of files can I upload?
- How do I upload multiple files at a time?
- How do I record and upload a sound directly from my computer?
- Where can I see how many minutes I have left on my account?