Uploading file is stuck on 'Preparing for transcoding'
When uploading a track, your progress bar might get stuck. This means our system is working on processing the track. The larger the file size, the longer the transcoding usually takes.
To resolve this, we recommend the following:
- Start with checking your internet connection. You will need a stable internet connection when uploading a track and also during the transcoding, hence we would suggest uploading through an ethernet connection instead of a wifi network. That usually works best.
- To be on the safe side, make sure your file is exported in .wav or .mp3 and encoded in 44.1kHz and 16bit. We support AIFF, WAVE (WAV), FLAC, ALAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR, and WMA files. The maximum file size is 5GB and the track can not be longer than 6 hours and 45 minutes.
- For the encoding process to take place in the best possible way, we recommend you leaving all the fields empty except for the title, until the track was fully uploaded and has entered processing.
- You may also want to try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) to see if the issue continues.
- Check our Status Blog to make sure that there are not any problems occurring around the transcoding process at this time.