Filling out the copyright claim form
In order to complete the dispute process, we ask you in this last step to fill out our web form. All information submitted in this form must be accurate. The formalized dispute is an important requirement of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) counter-notification process and it will be reviewed manually by our Copyright Team.
Verify your choices
On the top of the page, you can review the choices that you’ve made in the previous steps of the disputing process and if something is incorrect, you can go back and change it.
Describe your rights in more detail
Once you verified your choices, you are requested to describe your rights to the track in detail. We want you to give us as much relevant information as possible and we’ve pre-filled the box with some examples that help us consider your dispute.
Some additional items of information you could include are:
- A link to a website where your track is being sold (iTunes, Amazon, etc.)
- Any online broadcasting license you may have in any territory.
- A screenshot of a permission given to you by the original copyright holder
- The email of your contact at your label or digital distributor
Please note: Multiple rights holders may have copyrights to the content you are uploading and that permission is generally needed from all of them.
Provide your contact information
You are then requested to give us accurate contact information and in case of a DMCA notice consent this information to be shared with the person who reported the copyright infringement in accordance with the standard DMCA procedure.
Agree with standard legal statements
Finally in order to complete the process and send your dispute to us, you are requested to agree to standard legal statements at the bottom of the web form. Please read these carefully, and if any of them do not apply to you then please reconsider whether or not you would like to file a dispute.
I have a good faith belief that the above tracks have been removed or disabled as the result of a mistake or misidentification.
- If you decide to dispute a takedown, you must have a valid reason to do so and - very importantly - tell us the truth.
I understand that SoundCloud may terminate my account if I knowingly misrepresent my right to post these tracks.
I acknowledge that SoundCloud is not obliged to reinstate these tracks. If SoundCloud reinstates my tracks, I agree to indemnify SoundCloud against all claims, losses and liabilities incurred by SoundCloud as the result of my tracks being reinstated.
- Making false copyright claims is an offense that can have serious legal consequences. Please be mindful of this when you decide to submit your dispute.