Music services have specific rules for this section as well, so we’ve outlined the important things to remember. You can only have three main artists on a release. If there are four or more main artists on your release, you should put “Various artists” in the main artist field. You can then list the main artist for each track individually.
- Make sure the artist’s name is spelled correctly and consistently across all tracks.
- Unless you’re listing a stage name or a band name, the artist’s name should be written as Firstname Lastname.
- Other music services will reject generic titles like 'actor' or 'singer' so be sure to use proper nouns.
- The artist name should not contain search-optimized words like ‘yoga,’ ‘sleep,’ or ‘meditation.’
- Only one artist name should go in each field, unless you’re listing multiple artists that record as a group (e.g., Simon & Garfunkel).
- Artists/musicians that are part of a band already mentioned in the main artist field cannot be listed as a featuring artist. For example, if the main artist is The Beatles, then John Lennon cannot be listed as a featured artist.