Coming soon to Android users.
Since February 2020 you can upload audio directly from your iPhone SoundCloud app.
A step-by-step guide
- Within the iOS app, tap the upward-pointing arrow on the top right of your home screen.
- Within the file picker view, you can browse to your most recent files or any location like iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, local files and audio from any compatible app when tapping “Browse”. Tap the file and the upload process will start (it won’t save, yet).
Recent view in file picker Browse other apps such as Cloud integrations
The Upload feature supports any audio file from your phone (upload lossless HD files like FLAC, WAV, ALAC or AIFF for best audio quality).
- Ensure your metadata is correct or add artwork, a new title, genre(s) and description on the spot, and select whether you want your track public or private by using the privacy toggle.
- Tap save (top right). It turns orange once the upload is finished.
- Head to your profile to see your newly uploaded track. In some cases, you will see a “processing” state on the track. This means we are still transcoding the file and it will be playable in a few moments. If you feel that maybe something has gone wrong, simply swipe up and it will refresh the upload status.
- Please note that in order to upload tracks with the mobile iOS SoundCloud app, your account must have been previously confirmed via email.