SoundCloud launched a new marketing and distribution engine, Repost by SoundCloud.
In addition to industry-leading distribution to 25+ music services including Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok and Instagram, Repost gives you priority chat support and professional marketing services and features like Smart links & pre-save campaigns, Split Pay, and more.
The $30 annual subscription fee will be waived as part of your Pro Unlimited subscription and you will keep 100% of your royalties on SoundCloud (and 80% of royalties on all other digital music services).
You can continue using SoundCloud Premier to directly monetize your tracks and earn industry leading revenue share from SoundCloud, but we will be migrating distribution to the new Repost offering in the next few weeks, so please note important dates below:
- You can sign up for Repost by SoundCloud and start distributing immediately. Sign up here.
- As of April 9, you will no longer be able to submit new releases or make updates to existing releases via SoundCloud Premier distribution. You can still issue takedowns if you need to.
- If you do need to distribute new music before this date, we recommend creating your release through Repost by SoundCloud, as releases are more likely to be approved and delivered before April 9.
- By April 16, to avoid your content being removed from other music services, you’ll need to sign up for Repost by SoundCloud and opt-in to migrating your content. On this date, we’ll begin migrating your existing distributed releases to Repost by SoundCloud (with no interruption to your music on other DSPs).
- As of May 12, SoundCloud Premier distribution will no longer be accessible and all previously distributed content will be removed from DSPs if it was not re-distributed via Repost.
Royalties and reporting
You will receive your final SoundCloud Premier distribution payout (for royalties received until May 12) in August. For royalties from May 13 onward, payments will be made from Repost beginning in August. You can also access your historical reports in the SoundCloud earnings tab until July, after which they will be made available in the Earnings module of the Repost dashboard.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact SoundCloud support here.