How do I report content on SoundCloud that infringes my copyright?
If you identify any tracks on SoundCloud that you believe infringe your copyright, you can let us know using any of the methods explained here. Before making a report concerning any possible copyright infringement, please consider the following:
- These infringement reporting methods should be used for copyright infringement only. If you wish to make a report concerning trademark infringement or any other rights, please email us at email@example.com.
- Please only report infringement of your own copyright, or the copyright of someone you are authorized to represent. Reporting content that does not belong to you may result in the suspension or termination of your account. You may also be liable for damages (including costs and legal fees) incurred by SoundCloud, the person whose sounds you report, or any copyright owner or authorized licensee as the result of sounds being removed. If you believe that someone else’s copyright is being infringed, you are encouraged to tell them and direct them to this page.
- Please do not report copyright infringement unless you have a genuine claim. If you make groundless or malicious reports of copyright infringement, you risk having your account suspended or terminated. You may also be liable for damages (including costs and legal fees) incurred by SoundCloud, the person whose tracks you report and/or any copyright owner or authorized licensee, as the result of tracks being removed in reliance on your notice.
- Please provide detail. The more information we have regarding your claim, the quicker we can process your notice.
You can file a report using our Report Form. Please note that you will need to be logged in to your SoundCloud account to use this feature.
Using the report button
Each track page has a button entitled “Report,” which you can use to report the track on that page. The button is located on the left side of the track page under the name of the uploading user.
By writing to us
The report button and the report form are the most efficient means of reporting copyright infringement. However, if you would prefer to send your own notification, you may do so in writing, making sure that you include the following information:
- a statement that you have identified tracks on SoundCloud which infringe your copyright or the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act;
- a description of the copyright work(s) that you claim have been infringed;
- a description of the sound(s) that you claim are infringing and the specific track URL(s) where such tracks can be located;
- your full name, address and telephone number, a valid email address at which you can be contacted, and your SoundCloud username if you have one;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or authorized to act on their behalf;
In addition, if you wish for your notice to be considered as a notice pursuant to the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act 17 U.S.C. §512(c), please also include the following:
- with respect to your statement that you are the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (or authorized to act on their behalf), confirmation that such statement is made under penalty of perjury; and
- your electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy).
Your notice should be sent to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by mail to the following address:
SoundCloud Global Limited & Co. KG
Rheinsberger Str. 76/77
10015 Berlin Germany
Attn: Copyright Team
If you wish for your notice to be considered as a notice pursuant to the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act 17 U.S.C. §512(c), your notice should be sent to SoundCloud’s designated copyright agent by email to email@example.com and/or by mail to the following address:
SoundCloud Operations, Inc.
71 5th Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Attn: Copyright Agent